Senior Town Planner
Senior Town Planner
Council is seeking a Senior Town Planner to join its Planning and Environmental Services Team.
You will need:
1. Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated capability, typically five (5) years of experience in town planning, including development assessment and strategic planning.
3. Ability to co-ordinate projects and manage project budgets.
4. Ability to establish priorities and maintain workflows.
5. Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
6. Demonstrated skills in customer service, community consultation and negotiation.
7. Ability to promote and maintain a teamwork approach to organisational work areas.
8. A strong understanding of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and associated environmental legislation.
9. Work effectively with others, using a range of communication skills, both oral and written.
10. Understanding and ability to apply WHS, Risk Management and Equal Employment Opportunity principles.
11. Class C Driver’s license.
1. A qualification in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management Project Management.
2. Understanding of building and engineering implications in the development control and strategic planning process.
3. Understanding of natural resource management in NSW and new biodiversity reforms.
4. Understand the significance of strategic and infrastructure planning.
5. Understanding the significance of heritage planning and the value of the natural environment.
6. Ability to deliver presentations and workshops.
This is a full time position and attracts Local Government (State Award) 2017 employment conditions, and is offered at Grade 16-17 on Council’s Salary Structure with a base salary range of $1521.70 to $1764.71 per week, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
For more information please contact Carolyn Hunt on 02 67402122.
Progression through the recruitment process may be subject to a satisfactory pre-employment medical report
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Gunnedah Shire Council simply follow the instructions below:
- Complete the information below as requested.
- Attach your resume and covering letter.
- Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’.
- Please note that all correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email
Applications must be received NLT 5.00pm Friday 19 January 2018.
Gunnedah Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer