Council is seeking a skilled Overseer to join the Works Team.
Reporting to the Works Engineer, the Overseer is responsible for the management of allocated resources to deliver effective maintenance and construction works through:
- Construction and maintenance of roads and drainage in a cost efficient and operationally effective manner.
- Ensure that all works meet quality, safety and environmental requirements, including those of engaged Contractors.
- Ensure work teams complete tasks effectively and efficiently through best practice and continuous improvement.
- Participate in the configuration and delivery of the capital works program, maintenance program in time and budget
This is a permanent position attracting NSW Local Government Award (2017) conditions and has been evaluated at Grade 13 ($1373- $ 1515) per week on Councils salary system; Actual salary will be negotiated on qualifications and demonstrated skill and experience. Leased use of a Council vehicle including private use is available. All enquiries should be made to Richard Baxter on 02 6740 2130, or for more information please click on the Position Description
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Gunnedah Shire Council simply follow the instructions below:
- Complete the information below as requested.
- Attach your resume and covering letter.
- Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’.
- Please note that all correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email
Applications should be received by COB Monday 15 July 2019.
Gunnedah Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.