GoCo Finance Team Leader
GoCo Finance Team Leader
- Fantastic opportunity for a Finance Team Leader to join a friendly and supportive team in a vibrant local community!
- Receive an attractive salary dependent upon skills and experience, ranging from $95,000 to $104,000 PLUS a range of additional benefits including super, salary sacrificing options to increase your pay and RDO's every 3 weeks.
GoCo - are truly passionate about community!
GoCo has 30 years’ experience in supporting people and their carers living in rural and remote areas with improving their health and wellbeing.
We specialise in providing personalised care and support for older people who want the freedom to live independently in the comfort of their own home. We focus on delivering home care services in north west NSW, including Gunnedah, Tamworth, Barraba, Kootingal, Nundle, Narrabri, Moree, Quirindi and everywhere in between.
The role of GoCo Finance Team Leader is an integral part of our team and supports the commitment we make to our community in providing efficient, responsive, open and accessible service to them.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Support the GoCo Executive Manager in effectively managing GoCo’s finances, consistent with accepted accounting standards and with achieving a breakeven outcome.
- Assist the GoCo Executive Manager and GoCo staff in meeting funding agreement obligations.
- Assist the GoCo Executive Manager with identification and management of financial risk.
- Provide supervision and support to direct reports.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings, as required.
- Work to agreed individual performance objectives and training plans.
- Maintain designated financial records and reports for GoCo.
- Liaise regularly with the Council Finance Section on maintenance and development of financial policy and procedures relating to GoCo.
- Participate in relevant meetings.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Provide quality administration support as required.
More specifically, your key day-to-day duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assist the GoCo Executive Manager with the preparation of annual budget for the Council Operational Plan and LTFP.
- Assist GoCo staff with regular monitoring of year to date budget performance and associated income and expenditure adjustments.
- Assist the GoCo Executive Manager with quarterly budget review.
- Advise Senior GoCo staff on financial policies and procedures and budget performance.
- Maintain and provide recommendations on Council’s financial management system as it relates to GoCo.
- Assist the Council Finance Section with management and recording of GoCo’s LTRP and Assets Plan including vehicle fleet management.
- Support the GoCo Executive Manager with ongoing financial review, analysis and research.
- Keep up to date with relevant financial legislation, tax treatments, departmental circulars and administration requirements.
- Use Council’s financial management system to produce income and expenditure reports on a monthly basis for GoCo.
- Conduct the exercise of GoCo’s program specific unit costing and full cost recovery where necessary
- Prepare specific financial reports for the GoCo Executive Manager and other stakeholders as requested.
- Preparation of financial statements for various programs of GoCo
- Prepare financial reports to external funding bodies to auditing stage and lodge financial accountability reports with funding Departments including grant acquittals.
- Contribute towards developing or updating GoCo specific policies and procedures and CQI register.
- Managing GoCo’s finance team.
Our next GoCo Finance Team Leader
To be successful you will have;
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Business or Commerce or currently undertaking such and/ or demonstrated experience.
- A strong working knowledge of financial systems.
- Demonstrated advanced level skills in the application of Microsoft Excel software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A commitment to continuous improvement principles, including a willingness to attempt new things.
- Demonstrated customer service skills (internal and external).
- Ability to work in a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present complex issues to inform decision making at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work autonomously.
- Current Driver's License.
- Staff management experience.
- Knowledge of the Community Care Sector and Local Government.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate with the frail elderly, people with a disability and their carers and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- CA (Chartered Accountant) or CPA (Certified Practicing Accountant).
To read more about the position please see the Position Description or call GoCo Executive Manager, on 02 6740 2240.
About the Benefits
In this role you will enjoy working within an organisation with a great culture and a shire with a fantastic sense of community!
In return for your hard work and dedication you will also receive an attractive salary circa $95,000 - $104,000 PLUS a range of additional benefits including;
- Salary sacrificing options to increase your pay;
- Ongoing training & development opportunities (including study support);
- RDO's every 3 weeks; and
- Flexible working options;
Professional development is extremely important to us and we take immense pride in supporting our employees through relevant training courses should they wish to pursue them!
If you're looking for your next role within a supportive work environment and a vibrant local community, look no further! - Apply Now!
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE RECIEVED NO LATER THAN CLOSE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY 20 MAY 2022.