Council is seeking the services Compliance Officer to join the Planning & Environmental Department.
The main objective of this rose is to provide effective compliance and regulatory management services to the Gunnedah Community under the legislation administered by Council.
Opportunity exists for the successful candidate to receive ongoing support and training to become a Building Certifier.
The successful candidates will need to be able to meet the required criteria:
- Higher School Certificate or Certificate III in Animal Studies or Similar
- WorkCover approved WHS Induction Construction Certificate (White Card)
- Current Class C driver’s licence.
- Computer literacy with experience in MS office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and MapInfo, or similar.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity standards and Workplace Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience in companion animal and stock handling.
- Experience in negotiation and mediation.
3. Experience in regulatory compliance legislation
This is a full time position and attracts Local Government (State Award) 2014 employment conditions, and is offered at Grade 6 on Council’s Salary Structure with a base salary range of $960.32 - $1060.01 per week.
For more information please contact Blake O'Mullane on 02 67402128.
Progression through the recruitment process may be subject to a satisfactory pre-employment medical report
Applications must be received NLT 5.00pm Friday 27 October 2017.
Gunnedah Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer